On 09/18/2015 06:57 AM, Eric Harney wrote:
On 09/17/2015 06:06 PM, John Griffith wrote:

Having the "global conf" settings intermixed with the backend sections
caused a number of issues when we first started working on this.  That's
part of why we require the "self.configuration" usage all over in the
drivers.  Each driver instantiation is it's own independent entity.

Yes, each driver instantiation is independent, but that would still be
the case if these settings inherited values set in [DEFAULT] when they
aren't set in the backend section.

Agreed. If I explicitly set something in the [DEFAULT] section, that should carry through and apply to all the backends unless overridden in the backend-specific section.

Chris