As a core (and former PTL) I just ignored commit message -1s unless there is
something majorly wrong (no bug id where one is needed, etc).

I appreciate well formatted commits, but can we let this one go? This
discussion is so far into the meta-bike-shedding (bike shedding about bike
shedding commit messages) ... If a commit message is *that* bad a -1 (or just
fixing it?) Might be worth it. However, if a commit isn't missing key info (bug
id? Bp? Etc) and isn't one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic
to topic, there isn't a good reason to block the review.

It is not worth having a bot -1 bad commits or even having gerrit muck with
them. Let's do the job of the reviewer and actually review code instead of
going crazy with commit messages.

Sent via mobile