From: Adrian Otto <adrian.o...@rackspace.com<mailto:adrian.o...@rackspace.com>>
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 08:44
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [magnum]swarm + compose = k8s?

This is definitely a topic we should cover in Tokyo.

On Sep 29, 2015, at 8:28 AM, Daneyon Hansen (danehans)

+1

From: Tom Cammann <tom.camm...@hpe.com<mailto:tom.camm...@hpe.com>>
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 2:22 AM
To:
"openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>"
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>>

This has been my thinking in the last couple of months to completely deprecate
the COE specific APIs such as pod/service/rc and container.

As we now support Mesos, Kubernetes and Docker Swarm its going to be very
difficult and probably a wasted effort trying to consolidate their separate
APIs under a single Magnum API.

I'm starting to see Magnum as COEDaaS - Container Orchestration Engine
Deployment as a Service.