I've started an etherpad collecting a list of potential blueprints for achieving major version upgrades of in TripleO, with an initial target of upgrading Kilo to Liberty using a stable/liberty undercloud. There's still a bunch of unanswered questions (especially around compute nodes), and some important considerations are likely to be missing. I'd like to ask everyone to take a look, add comments, answer questions if you can, add in any other blueprints we should be considering, and propose specs if you're in a good position to do so.

Have at it:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-kilo-to-liberty-upgrades

cheers,
Zane.