Folks,

it’s time to speak about Fuel Plugins and the way they are managed.

Currently we have some methods in Fuel Client that allow to install, remove and
do some other things to plugins. Everything looks great except that
functionality requires Fuel Client to be installed on a master node and be
running under a root user. It’s time for us to grow up and realize that nothing
can require Fuel Client to be installed on a specific computer and of course we
cannot require root permissions for any actions.

I’d like to move all that code to Nailgun, utilizing mules and hide it behind
Nailgun’s API as soon as possible. For that I filed a bug [1] and I’d like to
ask Fuel Enhancements subgroup of developers to take a close look at it.

1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1504338

- romcheg