Most people are probably already aware of this but given we have two
changes that now rely on each other to land things are a bit complicated
for tracking, so I figured I'd dump the info here.
We have to bugs introduced with dependent library releases:
1. oslo.messaging 2.6.0: https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1505295
There is already an exclusion for that in g-r on master and
cherry-picked to stable/liberty:
There is a nova change which has the same block and depends on a grenade
change, but that was failing due to...
2. webob 1.5.0: https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1505153
We have a patch to fix the actual nova code bug for that:
But it won't pass tests because of the oslo.messaging change, so we have
So in order to avoid squashing those changes (which is kind of messy,
especially when doing the backports to stable/liberty and kilo for the
webob one), we've got a multi-part fix.
1. Block oslo.messaging 2.6.0 and webob 1.5.0 in a single nova change:
2. That depends on a g-r cap on webob<1.5.0:
3. Once the nova change 233772 and the webob fix
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/233845/ lands, we can unpin webob in
I think this requires backports to stable/liberty which probably means a
liberty-rc3 for nova.
OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)