On 10/13/2015 01:49 PM, Dean Troyer wrote:
On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Rich Megginson <rmegg...@redhat.com <mailto:rmegg...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    I think if we did end up using a ruby library, we'd also want to
    make sure it was not only vendored, but also usable
    independently, to increase the audience.

    . . . and then are we also going to be gated by the distros in the
    same way, waiting for months to get an update to aviator?

Yes. Check out the recent thread (again!) about urllib3 vendored inside Python requests. Distros will unvendor that for you and you will have again the same problem in a different place.

Rich, the daemon/persistent mode has been low on my radar for a bit and I think needs a bit of work to be fully usable the way I think you envision. Let us know if that becomes a higher priority as we're currently focusing on fleshing out the in-repo API support and modernizing our auth (switching to keystoneauth1).

Ok.  It's unclear right now when/if this will be needed by puppet.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtro...@gmail.com <mailto:dtro...@gmail.com>