I'm working on moving the functionality for merging environments from the client into the server [1]. I've only superficially looked at template_utils.py (in heatclient) but I'm guessing there is stuff in there I will want to use server-side.

The server has a requirement on heatclient, but I'm not sure what the convention is for using code in it. Can I directly call into a module in heatclient/common from the server or is the client dependency only intended to be used through the client-facing APIs?

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/multi-environments

Thanks :)