[1] seems just socket timeout issue, and admins can adjust those kernel
params themselves.

Yes, but if you trick kernel settings, like putting very low tcp keepalive values, you don't need to have/enable heartbeat.

[2] and [3] truly a problem about the heartbeat implementation, but it says the fix is a part of py-amqp 1.4.0, and the dependency with kombu was not
specified.
[4] is a bug of kombu's autoretry method which is said to be fixed in kombu
3.0.0, it is not directly related to heartbeat.

As far as I can remember, this is because oslo.messaging doesn't really require py-amqp but only kombu, so to ensure kombu depends of py-amqp 1.4.0 we have to depends on kombu 3.0.7 (that have amqp>=1.4.0 in its requirements I guess).

---
Mehdi Abaakouk
mail: sil...@sileht.net
irc: sileht