Hi all,

Ekaterina Chernova suggested last week to discuss the matter of
visibility consistency for murano packages and glance images,
following my bug report on that subject [1].

The general idea is to make sure that if a murano package is public,
it should be really available for all projects, which mean that:
- if it depends on other murano packages, these packages must be public,
- if it depends on glance images, these images must be public.

In fact, I created this bug report after Alexander Tivelkov's
suggesion on a review request [2] I did to fix a related bug [3]. In
this other bug report, I focused on images visibility during the
initial import of a package, because dependant murano packages are
already imported with the same visibility. It seemed to me most
confusing that packages are made public if the images are private. So
I did a fix in murano-dashboard, which is already merged [4], and
another one for python-muranoclient, still in review ([2]).

What are your thoughts on this subject? Do we need to address first
the general dependency issue? Is this a murano, glance or glare
subject?

Do we still need to do something specific for the initial import
(currently, dependency resolution for packages and images is done both
in murano-dashboard and in python-muranoclient)?

Thank you for your inputs,

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/murano/+bug/1509208
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/236834/
[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/murano/+bug/1507139