Sean,

This seems like a fundamental abuse of HTTP honestly. If you find
> yourself creating a ton of new headers, you are probably doing it wrong.

I totally agree on this. We shouldn't add a lot of HTTP headers. Imho why
not just return in body string with status (in my case).

> I think longer term we probably need a dedicated event service in
> OpenStack.

Unfortunately, this will work slower then current solution with JOINs,
require more resources and it will be very hard to use... (like you'll need
to add one more service to openstack, and use one more client..)

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic