Le 19/11/2015 20:46, Sylvain Bauza a écrit :

Le 19/11/2015 18:37, Markus Zoeller a écrit :
If you ever had a patch which contained "UpgradeImpact" or "DocImpact",
this mail is for you. You may have already heard of "reno" and how it
will change the handling of the release notes. If not, [1] is the
announcement and [2] is an example. I wanted to preemptively ask
if we want to add some guidelines when it is appropriate to add such
a release note and in which cases not. The Keystone folks did already
create a statement [3] and the Cinder folks are planning to do so [4].
The Keystone list looks reasonable to me. Any thoughts on that?

So, I'm planning to write a devref documentation here :
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/code-review.html

Basically, you need to provide a reno file when there is an upgrade impact (like the tag says) but we can also write a reno file for explaining which new feature is provided or for explaining a known issue.

As a follow-up https://review.openstack.org/#/c/247775/

If you don't know when to write a reno file, just go to #openstack-nova and ask me (bauzas) or mriedem.

HTH,
-Sylvain

PS : The reno usage is there for creating a new file : http://docs.openstack.org/developer/reno/usage.html#creating-new-release-notes

[1] 2015-11-03, "new change management tools and processes for stable
     /liberty and mitaka":
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-November/078301.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/197912/37
[3]