From: 王华 <wanghua.hum...@gmail.com<mailto:wanghua.hum...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 5:00 AM
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [openstack-dev] [magnum]storage for docker-bootstrap

Hi all,

I am working on containerizing etcd and flannel. But I met a problem. As
described in [1], we need a docker-bootstrap. Docker and docker-bootstrap can
not use the same storage, so we need some disk space for it.

I reviewed [1] and I do not see where the bootstrap docker instance requires
separate storage.

The docker in master node stores data in /dev/mapper/atomicos-docker--data and
metadata in /dev/mapper/atomicos-docker--meta. The disk space left is too same
for docker-bootstrap. Even if the root_gb of the instance flavor is 20G, only
8G can be used in our image. I want to make it bigger. One way is we can add
the disk space left in the vda as vda3 into atomicos vg after the instance
starts and we allocate two logic volumes for docker-bootstrap. Another way is
when we create the image, we allocate two logic volumes for docker-bootstrap.
The second way has a advantage. It doesn't have to make filesystem when the
instance is created which is time consuming.

What is your opinion?

Best Regards
Wanghua

[1]