Hi,

We are pleased to present this week's subteam report for Ironic. As usual,
this is pulled directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)

===============

(diff with Nov 30)

- Open: 175 (+1). 12 new (+1), 61 in progress (+1), 1 critical (+1), 16
high and 9 incomplete (-2)

- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 24. 0 new, 0 critical, 0 high

- Inspector bugs: 14 (+1). 0 new, 0 critical, 6 high

Network isolation (Neutron/Ironic work) (jroll)

- devstack and project-config patches are up to provide CI

    -     01: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/247513/

    -     02: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/248048/

    -     03: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/249717/

    -     04: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/248074/

- ironic patches still need review

- nova spec was merged, patches are being reviewed/updated

Manual cleaning (rloo)

======================

- patch with API to do manual cleaning is now available

- patches to be reviewed:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/manual-cleaning,n,z

Live upgrades (lucasagomes, lintan)

===================================

- Propose add config to set version cap for rpc api:

    - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/253355/

Node filter API and claims endpoint (jroll, devananda, lucasagomes)

- Spec for reestructing the database
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/253605/

Multiple compute hosts (jroll, devananda)

- no news / review seems to be stuck

ironic-lib adoption (rloo)

==========================

- ironic-lib 0.5.0 has been released; waiting for requirements to be
updated: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/250002/

- patch for ironic to use ironic-lib 0.5.0:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/184443/

Doc (jroll, liliars)

====================

- conversation with docs team about install guide

    - apparently we are not in the scope for the official page

    - AI (jroll) -> send email to ML confirming this and/or see what we can
do about it

- identified some points of improvement on cloud admin guide

- AI (liliars) -> dig some more info on versioned docs

    - jroll also proposing a thing about this in the email mentioned above ^

Testing/Quality (jlvillal/lekha/krtaylor)

- A patch to use the Tempest plugin has been proposed for Ironic:
https://review.openstack.org/246161

- driver CI test requirements have been communicated with vendor teams

- new CI spec is near completion, hopefully will be approved soon?

- ironic testing wiki has been updated with some of the highlights of the
coming process (thanks thingee)

Inspector (dtansur)

===================

- our docs are now published at
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ironic-inspector/

- spec process is in effect:
https://github.com/openstack/ironic-inspector-specs/

- python-ironic-inspector-client 1.3.0 released

    -
http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/python-ironic-inspector-client/unreleased.html#id1
(slightly outdated)

- ironic-inspector 2.3.0 released

    -
http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/ironic-inspector/unreleased.html#id1

Bifrost (TheJulia)

==================

- Inspection support has landed.

- Compatability issues with Debian Jessie have been identified which will
hold us from releasing at this time.

webclient (krotscheck / betherly)

=================================

- UX is peforming interviews, we've already got our initial feedback up on
invision and are incorporating it as we go.

- Waiting on update from BadCub on potential hardware lab resources.

- UX Demo site is at http://15.126.254.85/#/ironic , we're investigating
whether we can do patch-based UX testing as well.

Drivers:

========

iRMC (naohirot)

---------------

https://review.openstack.org//#/q/owner:+naohirot+status:+open,n,z

    - iRMC out of band inspection (bp/ironic-node-properties-discovery)

    - Enhance Power Interface for Soft Reboot and NMI
(bp/enhance-power-interface-for-soft-reboot-and-nmi)

    - Add 'abort' support for Soft Power Off and Inject NMI
(bp/task-control-functions-for-long-running-tasks)

    - iRMC OOB rescue mode support (bp/irmc-oob-rescue-mode-support)

Until next week,

--ruby

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard