Greetings,

I just reviewed a patch in tempest that proposed adding new tests for
the Glance's task API. While I believe it's awesome that folks in the
tempest team keep adding missing tests for projects, I think it'd be
better for the tempest team, the project's team and defcore if we'd
discuss these tests before they are worked on. This should help people
avoid wasting time.

I believe these cases are rare but the benefits of discussing missing
tests across teams could also help prioritizing the work based on what
the teams goals are, what the defcore team needs are, etc.

So, I'd like to start improving this process by inviting folks from
the tempest team to join project's meeting whenever new tests are
going to be worked on.

I'd also like to invite PTLs (or anyone, really) from each team to go
through what's in tempest and what's missing and help this team
improve the test suite. Remember that these tests are also used by the
defcore team and they are not important just for the CI but have an
impact on other areas as well.

I'm doing the above for Glance and I can't stress enough how important
it is for projects to do the same.

Do teams have a different workflow/process to increase tests coverage
in tempest?

Cheers,
Flavio

--