On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 06:20:44PM +0000, Flavio Percoco wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'd like to explore the possibility of having .ics generated - pretty
> much the same way we generate it for irc-meetings - for the OpenStack
> release schedule and project's deadlines. I believe just 1 calendar
> would be enough but I'd be ok w/  a per-project .ics too.
>
> With the new home for the release schedule, and it being a good place
> for projects to add their own deadlines as well, I believe it would be
> good for people that use calendars to have these .ics being generated
> and linked there as well.
>
> Has this been attempted? Any objections? Is there something I'm not
> considering?

I had a bit of time and started hacking up a simple version of this:

    https://github.com/kragniz/release-schedule-generator

The output of this may or may not be standards-compliant, but google calendar
appears to accept it. You can see example output here:

    https://kragniz.eu/pub/schedule.ics

There's currently no support for project-specific events or RST output, but
these can be added later if people think this current implementation isn't too
bad.

Feel free to send feedback or (even better) pull requests in my direction if
this seems okay.

Cheers,
Louis