On 2015-12-14 12:55:45 +1300 (+1300), Robert Collins wrote:
[...]
> my suggestion would be that we either make tox pip installed
> during jobs (across the board), so that we can in fact control it
> with upper-constraints,

That's a lot of added complication to deal with possible regressions
in just one tool. Why not any of the myriad of other
non-requirements-listed things which have also impacted us in the
past?

> or we work on functional tests of new images before they go-live

This seems like a more holistic approach, though running random
projects' jobs is not the way to accomplish it (as we discovered
back when we used to run DevStack smoke tests to validate our images
and frequently rejected perfectly good images due to
nondeterministic errors in the tests).
--
Jeremy Stanley