On 12/16/2015 07:43 AM, Somanchi Trinath wrote:
> Hi –
>

> When I try to install devstack+ovn, I get this error with OVS.
>

> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.13.0-32-generic'
>
> depmod `sed -n 's/#define UTS_RELEASE "\([^"]*\)"/\1/p'
> /lib/modules/3.13.0-32-generic/build/include/generated/utsrelease.h`
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/stack/ovs/datapath/linux'
>
> modprobe: FATAL: Module openvswitch is in use.

The context here is that the ovn devstack plugin compiles and loads the
openvswitch kernel module from the ovs source tree.  It has to do this
as OVN depends on openvswitch kernel features in upstream kernel version
4.3.  Those features have been backported to the version of the module
in the ovs tree which we can use on older kernels.

This error occurs when the devstack plugin runs:

  sudo modprobe -r openvswitch

Try:

  lsmod | grep openvswitch

The far right column will list any other kernel modules that depend on
the openvswitch module.  Those have to be unloaded first.

ovs-vswitchd shouldn't be running, as it should have been uninstalled
earlier in devstack, but that's something to check for.

If nothing else, if it's just a dev VM, try rebooting.

--
Russell Bryant