Hi,

thanks Ihar for the etherpad and for raising this point.
.

On 12/18/2015 06:18 PM, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
Hi all,

just wanted to note that the etherpad page [1] with backport candidates
has a lot of work for those who have cycles for backporting relevant
pieces to Liberty (and Kilo for High+ bugs), so please take some on your
plate and propose backports, then clean up from the page. And please
don’t hesitate to check the page for more worthy patches in the future.

It can’t be a one man army if we want to run the initiative in long term.

I completely agree, it can't be one man army.
I was thinking that maybe we can be even more proactive.
How about adding as requirement for a bug fix to be merged to have the backport to relevant branches? I think that could help

[1]: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stable-bug-candidates-from-master

Thanks in advance,
Ihar

Miguel Angel Ajo <mangel...@redhat.com> wrote:

I thought that may be, some of the work Ihar is proposing, could be
automated.

Yes indeed! We can do that.

cheers,

Rossella

Like, for example, checking if bug fixes are backportable as-is to the
previous stable
branches, and if they pass testing.

If that's the case, the bot could automatically automatically add the
bug to the list, or
flag it with some sort of specific flag, so, we humans could verify it
does make sense
to backport such bug, and if it actually meets the "backportable"
guidelines.