After seeing that vYatta requires a driver plugged in to the interface, i gave up debugging it.

Now i am trying vArmour driver. Looks simpler. Many things are clearer except from that they have their own L3 agent. It sees it should be enabling API calls when a new router is added, removed or updated. I tried with a Liberty devstack environment but couldn't managed to fall to debug into line https://github.com/openstack/neutron-fwaas/blob/stable/liberty/neutron_fwaas/services/firewall/agents/varmour/varmour_router.py#L294

I tried adding a router and removing it. Each time when the code execution comes to the line https://github.com/openstack/neutron-fwaas/blob/stable/liberty/neutron_fwaas/services/firewall/agents/varmour/varmour_router.py#L278

the global agent code is executed and i couldn't find when the snat or floating ip functions are called.

Any idea?

I am also looking for the vArmour firewall software to test, but seems even for trial version it is not possible, since i applied from their site for a demo version, i couldn't get any return yet.