On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Neil Jerram <neil.jer...@metaswitch.com>
wrote:

> On 28/12/15 16:16, Vikram Choudhary wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We want to redirect all / some specific incoming traffic to a
> > particular neutron port, where a network function is deployed.
> > [Network function could be DPI, IDS, Firewall, Classifier, etc]. In
> > this regard, we have few queries:
>
> Isn't that what SFC is?  (Service Function Chaining.)

Vikram: Kind-off. SFC chains neutron ports but our requirement is to route
all the incoming traffic to a particular VM port before it can take it's
normal forwarding logic. In other words neutron router got to steer the
traffic to a VM and then to it's normal forwarding behaviour.

An important use-case could be deploying a separate classifier at the
ingress which filters traffic and then route to respective service chains
depending upon some logic [May be SF-ID can be stamped in packet as part of
NSH header or by some other means.]