On Mon, Jan 04 2016, Steven Hardy wrote:

Hi,

> Firstly, I'm very sorry for the breakage here, and I agree that in general
> a quick-revert is the best policy when something like this happens.

No problem Steven, shit happens.

It'd be even better if Heat'd move to a devstack plugin to limit this
kind of high level latency. Just by curiosity, is there a plan for that?

> I'm a little unclear how this occurred tho, since I had a clear CI run on
> this patch:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/256315/

I think the dsvm tests are not the same that we run on telemetry side:
we run it with the Gnocchi backend, whereas you're likely using the
(old) Ceilometer backend. And that's the Gnocchi backend that has been
broken by the original devstack change from what I saw.

Maybe Heat should also run this job, WDYT?

> Given that the review latency on Devstack is quite high, it seems possible
> we'll land (2) before (1) lands, but if not then I'll re-propose it and
> hopefully figure out where I went wrong with Depends-On to confirm all is
> fixed before it lands.

Yeah, whatever fixes the issue I'm ok with. :-) If you can fix Heat
faster, that'd be even cooler.

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker