Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
Best would be if this kind of cap was only a temporary solution until we
really fix the issues. If possible (I perfectly know that in some case
this may be difficult), I'd like to have Horizon stable to contain
backports for Django last release (currently 1.9), instead of just
capping the requirements. Otherwise, Horizon becomes the single piece in
all of OpenStack where I spend all of my maintainer's time, which really
isn't good (there's lots of work to be done in other fields).

Your thoughts? Am I the only one interested by this? Let's say I'm the
only one interested by it (I hope it's not the case), if I do the work,
will the patches be accepted in the Stable branch?

If the backports are done in a way that fixes issues for Django 1.9 users without changing code paths for <1.9 users, I guess that those backports could be accepted. Sounds like a good topic to add to the stable team meeting agenda if you want a more definitive answer to that question.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)