Matt Riedemann <mrie...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

I'm formally proposing that the nova-stable-maint team [1] adds Tony Breeds to the core team.

I don't have a way to track review status on stable branches, but there are review numbers from gerrit for stable/liberty [2] and stable/kilo [3].

I know that Tony does a lot of stable branch reviews and knows the backport policy well, and he's also helped out numerous times over the last year or so with fixing stable branch QA / CI issues (think gate wedge failures in stable/juno over the last 6 months). So I think Tony would be a great addition to the team.

So for those on the team already, please reply with a +1 or -1 vote.

I am not part of the nova-stable-maint group, so I will only wonder why not also making Tony part of *stable-maint-core* team that supervises all project stable teams and has core access to all of project stable branches. Seems like Tony is often core to unwedging stable gate breakages, and could be useful if having more power in this regard.

Note: I don’t suggest we don’t add him to the nova-stable-maint group though. There is still value in having Tony in it in addition to stable-maint-core, to indicate his advanced involvement in nova specific stable affairs.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/540,members
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/reviewer:%22Tony+Breeds%22+branch:stable/liberty+project:openstack/nova [3] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/reviewer:%22Tony+Breeds%22+branch:stable/kilo+project:openstack/nova

Matt Riedemann