He neutrinos,

Currently I'm working on this bug [1]. Almost one year ago Yoni Shafrir prepared a patch to fix this issue but he got in review information that this solution must be changed because it's using only one script to check the GW availability and because of that it cannot be used in multi tenat environment. I tooked his code and was trying to upgrade that code to support multiple scripts but I was designed separate solution for that.
I would like to know what do you think about this solution.

1. Add bash script generator to neutron/agent/linux/keepalived.py
2. There will be one script per one keepalived instance per node
3. There are two possible solutions for checking is everything is working OK. Script will verify: a. That all interfaces are up - internal router interfaces in namespace, external interface taken from neutron configuration file and also br-tun/br-int interfaces. b. That GW is pingable from router NS - there is only one problem what if GW is not configured in router already - plus we could ping other network node or other server which IP is specified in some configuration.

That solution will also fix this issue [2].
I would hear from you what do you think about that two possible solutions and what do you think about whole solution at all.

Cheers,
Lubosz (diltram) Kosnik

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1365461
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1375625