Hi Igor,

Thank you for question!
I will try to explain why we want to add functionality for building deb/rpm
packages.

* We want to cover the whole workflow: from building a package till adding that
package into the new or existing repository.
* We want to consolidate all knowledge about managing packages/repositories in
one place.
* We want to have a common interface only, which will be based on the existing
utilities for building packages. for example: sbuild[1] or Mock[2]

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/sbuild
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mock

Regards,
Bulat Gaifullin