On 2016-02-05 03:42:21 +0000 (+0000), Wang, Shane wrote:
> After discussing with TC members and other community guys, we
> thought March 2-4 might not be a good timing for bug smash. So we
> decided to change the dates to be March 7 - 9 (Monday - Wednesday)
> in R4. Please join our efforts to fix bugs for OpenStack.

It's worth pointing out that this puts the event well after Mitaka
feature freeze, which is traditionally when we stop sending Summit
registration discount codes to new contributors to the release.
Presumably that's not anyone's reason for participating in such an
event, but just wanted to clarify it's my understanding that our
conference organizers aren't prepared for the logistical challenges
of generating extra codes for Bug Smash participants who haven't
otherwise contributed to the release so close to the Summit dates.
--
Jeremy Stanley