On 02/22/2016 03:23 AM, Sylvain Bauza wrote:

See, I don't think that a compute node unable to start a request is an 'abnormal
case'. There are many reasons why a request can't be honored by the compute
node :
  - for example, the scheduler doesn't own all the compute resources and thus
can miss some information : for example, say that you want to pin a specific
pCPU and this pCPU is already assigned. The scheduler doesn't know *which* pCPUs
are free, it only knows *how much* are free
That atomic transaction (pick a free pCPU and assign it to the instance) is made
on the compute manager not at the exact same time we're decreasing resource
usage for pCPUs (because it would be done in the scheduler process).

I'm pretty sure that the existing NUMATopologyFilter is aware of which pCPUs/Hugepages are free on each host NUMA node.

Chris