The Mitaka 3 milestone has passed, and we're on our way to preparing
release candidates. See Thierry's email [1] for details about the
artifacts produced for the milestone.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-announce/2016-March/001002.html

Focus
-----

Project teams should be concentrating on finishing work for which
a feature freeze exception (FFE) was granted, and fixing release-critical
bugs before preparing the release candidates during week R-3. Any
FFE work not completed this week should be postponed to the next
cycle.

General Notes
-------------

The global requirements list is frozen. If you need to change a
dependency, for example to include a bug fix in one of our libraries
or an upstream library, please provide enough detail in the change
request to allow the requirements review team to evaluate the change.

User-facing strings are frozen to allow the translation team time
to finish their work.

Release Actions

The stable/mitaka branches for libraries will be created early
during R-4. After the branch is created, a patch will be submitted
to update the .gitreview file. If the project uses reno, another
patch will be submitted on master to add a mitaka-specific page to
the reno build.  Please watch for those patches and prioritize
reviewing them.

Important Dates