On 03/04/2016 03:42 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

On 3/3/2016 9:14 PM, Zhenyu Zheng wrote:
Hm, I found out the reason:
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/api/openstack/compute/servers.py#L1139-L1145

here we filtered out parameters like "deleted", and that's why the API
behavior is like above mentioned.

So should we simple add "deleted" to the tuple or a microversion is needed?

Nice find. This is basically the same as the ip6 case which required
microversion 2.5 [1]. So I think this is going to require a microversion in
Newton to fix it (which means a blueprint and a spec since it's an API change).
But it's pretty trivial, the paperwork is the majority of the work.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/179569/

Does it really need a spec given that microversions are documented in the
codebase?

That almost seems like paperwork for the sake of following the rules rather than to serve any useful purpose.

Is anyone really going to argue about the details?

Chris