This is a call for help on resolving bug 1538506 [1] where the proboscis tests randomly fail on the stable branches with something like:

TypeError: create() got an unexpected keyword argument 'slave_of'

Craig Vyvial has a proposed stable/kilo change [2] but it has some issues, at least from me as a reviewer of that change.

The tests are failing the periodic-stable job daily [3].

Can we get someone to help out with this? Otherwise I'm inclined to say the tests should be disabled on the stable branches, but that's pretty drastic.

Note that this is the kind of thing that breaks stable branch policy, which is going to be part of a review when applying for the stable:follows-policy tag. [4] And the stable:follows-policy tag may be used to determine when a stable branch for a project goes end of life if it's not being maintained.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/trove/+bug/1538506
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/276934/
[3] http://goo.gl/fqf11U
[4] http://governance.openstack.org/reference/tags/stable_follows-policy.html