Hi,

I have 3 Heat templates using ResourceGroup. There are 2 resource groups(rg_a
and rg_b) and rg_b depends on rg_a.  and rg_b requires the IP address of rg_a
as the paremeter of rg_b. I use "rg_a_public_ip: {get_attr: [rg_a,
rg_a_public_ip]}" to get the IP address of rg_a both in the section of rg_b
parameters (rg_b/properties/resource_def/properties) and the section of outputs.
As per my observation,  rg_a_public_ip shows "null" in the parameter section of
rg_b. while rg_a_public_ip shows the correct IP address in the outputs section
of the yaml file.

My questions are:

1)      Does this behavior is expected as designed or this is a bug?

2)      What is the alternative solution for the above case(user want to get
the run-time information of the instance when creating the second resource
group)  if this behavior is expected?

------- a.yaml -------------------
resources:
rg_a:
  type: OS::Heat::ResourceGroup
  properties:
      count: 1
      resource_def:
          type: b.yaml
          properties:

rg_b:
type: OS::Heat::ResourceGroup
depends_on:
        -rg_a
properties:
    count: 2
    resource_def:
        type: c.yaml
        properties:
            rg_a_public_ip: {get_attr: [rg_a, rg_a_public_ip]}
--------------------  the value is "null"

outputs:
   rg_a_public_ip: {get_attr: [rg_a, rg_a_public_ip]}
     ---------------------  the value is correct.
--------------------------

------b.yaml  --------------------
resources:
    rg_a:
type: OS::Nova::Server
properties:
outputs:
     rg_a_public_ip:
         value: {get_attr: [rg_a, networks, public, 0]}

parameters:
rg_a_public_ip:
     type: string
resources: