On 3/9/2016 11:57 AM, Louis Taylor wrote:
On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 5:48 PM, Matt Riedemann
<mrie...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
Someone showed up in the -stable channel this morning asking for help with
packaging. I gather they were there because the IRC wiki [1] says the
#openstack-stable channel is also for packaging discussions, given -stable
originated from distro people.

I redirected them to https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Packaging which points
to https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PackagerResources which says:

"The #openstack-packaging channel on Freenode is available for packaging
collaboration and discussion."

Great!

However, you have to apparently be invited to join the elite
#openstack-packaging channel.

What gives? Is that channel dead? Is there something else? Is there a secret
handshake I can learn to palms to grease to get in?

 From ChanServ:

17:55:03 -ChanServ(ChanServ@services.)- Information on #openstack-packaging:
17:55:03 -ChanServ(ChanServ@services.)- Registered : Nov 11 18:59:55
2011 (4y 17w 0d ago)
17:55:03 -ChanServ(ChanServ@services.)- Last used  : (about 75 weeks ago)
17:55:03 -ChanServ(ChanServ@services.)- Mode lock  : +imnstf #openstack-stable
17:55:03 -ChanServ(ChanServ@services.)- Flags      : KEEPTOPIC
TOPICLOCK GUARD PRIVATE
17:55:03 -ChanServ(ChanServ@services.)- *** End of Info ***

It doesn't look like it's been used in a long time (75 weeks).

Louis

Ha, the irony.

OK, so I thought awhile back, around YVR summit time, there was a group of different packagers from different distros (debian/red hat/fedora/suse) that were working together on some common tooling.

Is that still a thing and if so, do they congregate somewhere? Because *that's* where I think people need to go, not the #openstack-stable channel.

Matt Riedemann