From: Michael Krotscheck <krotsch...@gmail.com<mailto:krotsch...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 12:49 PM
To: OpenStack List
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Horizon] Javascript linting and documentation

+1 to what Rob said.

I guess I don't see what problems is being solved by turning the rule off, and
I also don't see the harm in having more check. It does generate a lot of
warnings, but invoking `npm run lint -- --quiet` gets rid of those. Also, from
my experience, sphinx-based doc builds are notoriously permissive about bad
formatting. Eslint's stricter jsdoc checks would add an additional safety net.

However, if you're working on this with the docs team, then the result should
be applicable to the entirety of openstack - meaning that once your work is
complete, it may make sense to turn the rule off globally.

Michael

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 11:14 AM Rob Cresswell (rcresswe)