On 3/10/2016 9:04 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

On 3/9/2016 10:16 PM, Janki Chhatbar wrote:
Hi All

Greetings for the day!

I have noticed that while installing*OpenStack Kilo* using DevStack, the
server components cloned are stable/kilo whereas the client components
cloned are master. This leads to errors in installation or commands
miss-match. For eg.

_In tacker,_
tacker git repo is stable/kilo which points to incorrect git repo URL. I
have filled a  bug and proposed a patch for this
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/tacker/+bug/1555130)

_In Magnum_,
*magnum stable/kilo* clones *python-magnumclient master* which leads to
command mismatch (https://bugs.launchpad.net/magnum/+bug/1509273).

 1. Does this affect all other services?
 2. Does this mean that the branch needs to be changed for all the
    service's clients? The change will be in /devstack/lib/{service}
    file in "GITBRANCH" variable.

  If changes are required, I am willing to work on those.

Thanking you

Janki Chhatbar
OpenStack | SDN | Docker
(+91) 9409239106
simplyexplainedblog.wordpress.com
<http://simplyexplainedblog.wordpress.com>

Assuming the APIs in the server projects have not made backward
incompatible changes since Kilo, the clients from master should continue
to work. That's a big assumption with some projects, however.

If the clients on master implement CLIs for new features that landed
after Kilo, then those won't work.

By the way, normally devstack would limit the versions of the clients installed based on what's in global-requirements, but in your case, tacker and magnumclient aren't in there (they were newer after kilo):

https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/stable/kilo/global-requirements.txt

Matt Riedemann