On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Dmitry Ilyin <dil...@mirantis.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm the author of fuel-infra/puppet-pacemaker and I guess I would be able to
> merge the code from "fuel-infra/puppet-pacemaker" to
> "openstack/puppet-pacemaker"
> We will be having a single set of pcmk_* types and two providers for the
> each type: "pcs" and "xml", there is also a "noop" provider.
>
> It would be possible to choose the implementation by specifying:
>
> pcmk_resource { 'my-resource' :
>   provider => 'pcs',
> }
>
> or
>
> pcmk_resource { 'my-resource' :
>   provider => 'xml',
> }

I think that's our major differences indeed.
If you are interested, we can start to work together on
openstack/puppet-pacemaker, and add some experimental CI jobs for Fuel
(we already have TripleO jobs) gating the puppet-pacemaker module.
So together we could iterate by adding the pieces without breaking both modules.

If you want, we can chat about it on IRC, during a meeting or not, so
we can make progress on it during Newton cycle.

Thanks a lot for your collaboration,

>> I'd be happy to see more collaboration here as well, I'd like to hear from
>> the maintainers on both sides identify some of what isn't implemented on
>> each so we can better decide which one to continue from, develop feature
>> parity and then switch to.
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 12:03 PM Emilien Macchi <emil...@redhat.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I'm afraid to see 3 duplicated efforts to deploy Pacemaker:
>>>
>>> * puppetlabs/corosync, not much maintained and not suitable for Red
>>> Hat for some reasons related to the way to use pcs.
>>> * openstack/puppet-pacemaker, only working on Red Hat systems,
>>> suitable for TripleO and previous Red Hat installers.
>>> * fuel-infra/puppet-pacemaker, which looks like a more robust
>>> implementation of puppetlabs/corosync.
>>>
>>> It's pretty clear Mirantis and Red hat, both OpenStack major
>>> contributors who deploy Pacemaker do not use puppetlabs/corosync but
>>> have their own implementations.
>>> Maybe it would be time to converge at some point. I see a lot of
>>> potential in fuel-infra/puppet-pacemaker to be honest. After reading
>>> the code, I think it's still missing some features we might need to
>>> make it work on TripleO but we could work together at establishing the
>>> list of missing pieces and discuss about implementing them, so our
>>> modules would converge.
>>>
>>> I don't mind using X or Y tool, I want the best one and it seems both
>>> of our groups have some expertise that could help to maybe one day
>>> replace puppetlabs/corosync code by Fuel & Red Hat's module.
>>> What do you think?

>>> --
>>> Emilien Macchi

>> --