> On Mar 18, 2016, at 4:01 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrac...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Just giving my fellows an update from the event where we gathered our
> upgrades subteam to plan for Newton and do some coding.
>
> ==
>
> We had folks from multiple companies participating in the event (Red Hat,
> SuSE, Intel, IBM). We also had some folks joining us online. Thanks everyone
> who gave us a hand at these days!
>
> For the most part, we were working on the plan to adopt versioned objects for
> neutron db codebase. Just in case someone is not aware about the end goal for
> the effort: we want to eventually get to the point where you can upgrade your
> neutron-server processes between major releases without shutting all of them
> down to run database migration scripts. [There are other applications for
> objects, but that’s currently out of immediate scope for the N effort.]

What is the plan for out of tree objects derived from neutron, and out of tree
projects that are using the current neutron objects?  Specifically, the ones
which *can’t* use the REST API, because they’re for something loaded directly
into neutron-server (core plugins, service plugins, etc). Will they work?  Is
our live upgrade strategy going to be labeled “reference only”?

doug