On 3/22/2016 2:18 AM, Tom Fifield wrote:
Reminder :)

We'll probably stop taking entries at the end of next week.

On 16/02/16 18:43, Tom Fifield wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to introduce a new round of community awards handed out by the
Foundation, to be presented at the feedback session of the summit.

Nothing flashy or starchy - the idea is that these are to be a little
informal, quirky ... but still recognising the extremely valuable work
that we all do to make OpenStack excel.

There's so many different areas worthy of celebration, but we think that
there's a few main chunks of the community that need a little love,

* Those who might not be aware that they are valued, particularly new
contributors
* Those who are the active glue that binds the community together
* Those who share their hard-earned knowledge with others and mentor
* Those who challenge assumptions, and make us think

Since it's first time (recently, at least), rather than starting with a
defined set of awards, we'd like to have submissions of names in those
broad categories. Then we'll have a little bit of fun on the back-end
and try to come up with something that isn't just your standard set of
award titles, and iterate to success ;)

The submission form is here, so please submit anyone who you think is
deserving of an award!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HP1jAobT-s4hlqZpmxoGIGTxZmY6lCWolS3zOq8miDk/viewform

in the meantime, let's use this thread to discuss the fun part: goodies.
What do you think we should lavish award winners with? Soft toys?
Perpetual trophies? baseball caps ?

Regards,

Tom, on behalf of the Foundation team

Is it possible to see who's already been nominated?

Matt Riedemann