On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Sean M. Collins <s...@coreitpro.com> wrote:

> Inessa Vasilevskaya wrote:
> > different configurations of of_interface and ovsdb_interface options
> > (dsvm-fullstack [2] and rally tests are by now all I can think of).
>
> Wait, we have *two* different configuration options???
>
> WHY WHY WHY

​because they are related to two different command line utilities
(ovs-vsctl vs ovs-ofctl) that speak two different protocols (OVSDB vs
OpenFlow) that talk to two different daemons on the system (ovsdb-server vs
ovs-vswitchd) ?

With that said, I see no reason to keep two methods if one is clearly
better.  I just don't think combining them into one config option makes
much sense.
​

--
Russell Bryant