On Tue, Apr 5, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Hochmuth, Roland M wrote:
> Thanks Doug, Thierry and Davanum. Sorry about the all the extra work that
> I've caused.
>
> It sounds like all Python projects/deliverables are in reasonable shape,
> but if not, please let me know.
>
> Not sure what we should do about the jars at this point. We had started
> to discuss a plan to manually copy the jars over to the proper location.
> I was hoping we could just do this temporarily for Mitaka. Unfortunately,
> there are a few steps that need to be resolved prior to doing that.
>
> Currently, the java builds overwrite the previous build. The version
> number of the jar that is built, matches the version in the pom file.
> See, http://tarballs.openstack.org/ci/monasca-thresh/, for an example.
>
> What we are looking into is modifying the pom files for the java repos,
> so that the version number of the jar matches the tag when built (not
> what is in the pom), and modifying the name of the jar, by removing the
> word SNAPSHOT.
>
> If we do that, we think we can get a name for the jar with a version that
> matches the latest tag on whatever branch is being used. This should be
> similar to how the Python wheels that are named.
>
> We could manually copy in the short-term. But the goal is to add an
> automatic copy to the appropriate location in,
> http://tarballs.openstack.org/.
>
> Unfortunately, for the java related deliverables, it sounds like we are a
> little late for all this to get done prior to Mitaka. Not sure if this
> can be added post Mitaka.

The infra team has to publish jars as well and has a set of jobs for
that at [0]. It should figure out your versions from git as well and set
them all automagically with the correct maven configuration. You might
be able to just add these jobs assuming you use maven.

[0]
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/jenkins/jobs/maven-plugin-jobs.yaml

Clark