> On Apr 8, 2016, at 11:26 AM, Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Team,
>
> Steve pointed out to a problem in Stackalytics:
> https://twitter.com/stevebot/status/718185667709267969
>
> It's pretty clear what's happening if you look here:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/owner:openstack-infra%2540lists.openstack.org+status:open
>
> Here's the drastic step (i'd like to avoid):
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/303545/
>
> What do you think?

Is it really worth trying to stop the folks that will game the system?  That is
a never-ending arms race.

Has anyone ever been made core or had some influence purely by pumping
stacklytics? I haven’t seen it, since that usually requires personal
relationships that are far more important than numbers.

Are they using the numbers for some internal company purpose maybe?  If so, how
does it matter to any of us?

Chasing this tail just takes time away from useful things, IMO.

doug