The actual user workflow is:

 1 - User creates a volume(s)
 2 - User attach volume to instance
 3 - User creates a snapshot
 4 - Something happens causing the need of a revert
 5 - User creates a volume(s) from the snapshot(s)
 6 - User detach old volumes
 7 - User attach new volumes (and pray so they get the same id) - Nova,
should have the ability to honor supplied device names (vdc, vdd, etc),
which not always happen[1]. But, does the volume keep the same UUID in the
system? Several application use that to boot.

The suggested workflow would be simpler for a user POV:

 1 - User creates a volume(s)
 2 - User attach volume to instance
 3 - User creates a snapshot
 4 - Something happens causing the need of a revert
 5 - User revert snapshot(s)

 [1] https://goo.gl/Kusfne