On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 9:21 AM, Denis Egorenko <degore...@mirantis.com> wrote:
>> Some of UI plugins, like murano-dashboard, needs to add extra parameters
>> https://github.com/openstack/murano-dashboard/blob/master/muranodashboard/local/local_settings.py.example
>> to local_settings file (which comes from Horizon).
>> My question is: Should puppet-horizon module provide those extra
>> parameters coming from each official UI plugins? or this kind of things
>> should come from specific a puppet-{ui-plugin}?
>

> Well, not exactly puppet-{ui-plugin}. For example, we already have murano
> module and it has manifests for UI plugin installation.
>
> On a one side, in such way we are keeping all module related configuration
> in one place.
> On another side, all UI configuration probably should be placed in horizon
> module. But in this case, we need to support in horizon module full
> configuration for each UI plugin.
>
> So, i think we can keep UI configuration in-place (in separate module) if we
> have this module at all. For cases, when we need only support some UI
> settings/plugins - we can keep it in puppet-horizon.
>
> Thoughts?

Does Murano uses the same local_settings.py file as Horizon? If yes,
we might stop using puppet-murano to manage this file.
And maybe find a mechanism in puppet-horizon with a provider, so we
can have a plugin architecture like:
horizon::plugins::murano
horizon::plugins::foobar
that would use this provider to configure a common local_settings.py
and notify service on change, like we do for .conf files.

What do you think?

>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 8:52 AM, Marcos Fermin Lobo
>> <marcos.fermin.l...@cern.ch> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I have a question about puppet-horizon module and UI plugins for
>> > Horizon.
>> >
>> > Some of UI plugins, like murano-dashboard, needs to add extra parameters
>> >
>> > https://github.com/openstack/murano-dashboard/blob/master/muranodashboard/local/local_settings.py.example
>> > to local_settings file (which comes from Horizon).
>> >
>> > My question is: Should puppet-horizon module provide those extra
>> > parameters
>> > coming from each official UI plugins? or this kind of things should come
>> > from specific a puppet-{ui-plugin}?
>> >
>> I don't think having a separated Puppet module for each plugin will
>> help us, maintaining a module is a lot of work.
>> One thing we could do is to have classes:
>> horizon::plugin::murano
>> horizon::plugin::foobar etc
>>
>> What do you think?
>> --