On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 09:38:20AM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 04/15/2016 08:14 AM, Masahito MUROI wrote:
> >Hi Doc team folks,
> >
> >Congress team plans to add API reference into [1] instead of [2] to
> >follow official documentation project. But I found the design session
> >about a API docs style[3].
> >
> >For now, is it ok to add API reference [1], or should we wait the
> >decision about style of API reference repository?
> >
> >1. http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref.html
> >2. http://docs.openstack.org/developer/congress/
> >3.
> >https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9479?goback=1
>

> See the work that is done by Sean Dague and Anne Gentle for nova and
> follow this setup:
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-April/092234.html

I thought I followed all of the emails on moving to Swagger then RST.
Moving the api docs in tree with the projects is something I wasn't
aware of.

Was there a cross-project spec for this or something detailing the long
term goal and direction each team should take for doing this? I see the
work Nova has done (looks great) but is that something that team has
decided to explore or is this something all of us should be involved in?

Sorry, just caught a little off guard here and trying to figure out what
I've missed.

Sean

> There have been a couple more emails in the last months on this topic
>
> Also, there's a spec:
> http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/mitaka/app-guides-mitaka-vision.html
>
> so, you should do this in your own repository, set up proper jobs -
> and then publish to developer.openstack.org

That spec doesn't say anything about moving to each project's
repository. Is there something else with more detail?