Dear OpenStack Community,

We've been investigating options in/around OpenStack for supporting Service
Function Chaining. The networking-sfc project has made significant progress in
this space, and we see lots of value in what has been completed. However, when
we looked at the related IETF specs on SFC we concluded that there would be
value in further developing an SFC API and related classification functionality
to enhance the alignment between the work in the OpenStack community with the
standards work. We would like to propose the SFC part as a potential
networking-sfc v2 API, but are open to other options too based on your feedback.

I have submitted a spec to the neutron-specs repo [1], where you can check what
our initial thoughts for this new API are, and provide your feedback or
questions regarding the same.

Your thoughts on this are deeply appreciated. We are looking forward to having
further discussions with everyone interested in giving feedback or establishing
collaborations during the OpenStack Summit in Austin.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/308453

Thank you,
Igor & the Intel OpenStack networking team.