On Wed, 2016-04-20 at 14:10 -0600, Boden Russell wrote:
> Anyone adverse to me crafting an initial oslo patch to kick-off the
> details on this one?

Have you evaluated any existing solutions in this space?  A quick search
on PyPi turns up "backoff", which seems to provide several backoff
strategies.  Of course, it's a decorator-based backoff implementation,
whereas I tend to implement iterator-based solutions, but there may
already be a solution in that space as well…
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <klmi...@mit.edu>