On 22/04/16 11:35 -0500, Monty Taylor wrote:
On 04/22/2016 10:10 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:

3) On Slide 9, you have this in "future work (in Newton)":

"Tasks (asynchronous workflows) support."

Please, please, please NO.

There is absolutely no reason to couple a service that operates on
artifacts in an asynchronous fashion with a service that provides
metadata about those artifacts.

It was a mistake to do this in Glance and it would be a mistake to do
this in Glare. If you really want some async task processing function,
create a totally separate service that does that. Don't put it in Glare.

+1000

The public task interface in glance is one of the worst user experiences in all of OpenStack. Luckily with the new image upload work we're moving to a place where tasks can go into a dark hole where they belong.

Just one note here. I believe Mike refered to having a task engine and not a
public task API as you know it today. The task engine would be used internally
in Glance/Glare. It actually exists already.

Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco