On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 10:38:13AM -0500, Lana Brindley wrote:
> Greetings from Austin!
>
> Yesterday we held the Install Guide planning workgroup. It was a full room,
> with some very robust discussion, and I want to thank everyone for
> participating and sharing their thoughts on this matter. We have some solid
> goals to achieve for Newton now.
>
> The etherpad with the discussion is here:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/austin-docs-workgroup-install
>
> The original spec to create a way for projects to publish Instal Guides has
> now been merged, thanks to consensus being achieved at the Design Summit
> session, and a few minor edits: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/301284/ We
> can now begin work on this.
>
> There is a new spec up to cover the remainder of the work to be done on the
> existing Install Guide: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/310588 This still
> needs some iterations to get it into shape (including determining the name we
> are going to use for the Install Guide). So, patches welcome.
>
> Again, thank you to all the many people who attended the session, and those
> who have found me this week and discussed the future of the Install Guide.
> I'm confident that this plan has broad acceptance, is achievable during the
> Newton cycle, and it moves the documentation project forward.
>
> Feedback is, as always, very welcome.

One question on this: the spec says that projects may publish to
docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/RELEASE/SERVICE/ (yay!).

Some projects have intermediate releases during the cycle; for example
in Mitaka, ironic had 4.3.0, 5.0.0, and 5.1.0 releases, with 5.1.0 being
the base for stable/mitaka.

Is it okay/expected that projects with this model publish an install
guide for each intermediate release as well? Again, using mitaka, ironic
would publish:

docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/4.3.0/ironic/
docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/5.0.0/ironic/
docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/5.1.0/ironic/
docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/mitaka/ironic/

Thanks for all the hard work on this! :)

// jim