John Dickinson wrote:
At the summit last week, the Swift community spent a lot of time discussing the
feature/hummingbird branch. (For those who don't know, the feature/hummingbird
branch contains some parts of Swift which have been reimplemented in Go.)

As a result of that summit discussion, we have a plan and a goal: we will
integrate a subset of the current hummingbird work into Swift's master branch,
and the future will contain both Python and Go code. We are starting with the
object server and replication layer.
[...]

As you move from experimentation in feature branches to a more long-term plan, it would be great if you could formally propose the support of Go as an officially-supported language in OpenStack, following the resolution at:

http://governance.openstack.org/resolutions/20150901-programming-languages.html

That will help in clarifying our stance there and should kick off interesting side discussions on infrastructure/QA support.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)