On 04/05/16 11:38 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
Hayes, Graham wrote:
[...]
Designate is looking to move a single component of ours to Go - and we
were wondering what was the best way to do it.

The current policy does allow for the TC to bless different languages
on a case by case basis - do we need to go from just python and JS to
allowing all projects to use go, or should the TC approve (or
disapprove) the swift and designate requests?

If we add Go as a supported language, then all projects could use it (without requiring case-by-case TC blessing). As the resolution[1] explains, we want to standardize on a limited number of supported languages so that we can use the right tool for the right job, while limiting the impact on infrastructure and community fragmentation. But once a language is accepted, the more we use it the better.

++ This!

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco